The X-Men franchise has released a total of 9 movies so far.
Two of them have been garbage: 9. X-Men Origins: Wolverine & 8. X-Men: The Last Stand
Basically what they did with X-Men: Days of Future Past and Deadpool is erase the events of those previous two movies. Those movies are basically irrelevant now.
Now this is where it gets tough. I think these last 7 movies are all good.
7. The Wolverine. Very underrated.
6. Deadpool. I know, I know. But it doesn’t necessary feel like an X-Men movie. Still fun as hell though. Ryan Reynolds was born to play this character.
5. X-Men: Apocalypse. A little disappointing, nevertheless still an entertaining movie. Lots of great moments throughout. Think of it as Return of the Jedi or Dark Knight Rises of the newer X-Men trilogy.
Ok, these last 4 are all fantastic X-Men movies in my opinion.
4. X-Men. The original and the one that started it all! Introduced everyone to all the fantastic characters like Wolverine, Charles Xavier, Magneto, etc. Great climax.
3. X2. This one is for all the Wolverine fans out there. Which is pretty much everyone…I love the intro with Nightcrawler at the White House. Great movie, but these next two are just a little better…
2. X-Men: Days of Future Past: The greatest ensemble cast ever in a movie? That’s a tough question to answer, but there’s no question this is definitely a fun and entertaining movie to watch. This pleases those who prefer the older cast and those who prefer the newer cast. Plus it’s hard to beat Wolverine going back in time and getting a younger Professor X off drugs.
Ok, here it is.. My number one best X-Men movie!
1. X-Men: First Class: I’ve always thought the center of the entire franchise relied on the relationship between Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr. We have seen these two characters dispute back and forth ever since the first movie. Their differences and views about the Mutants is what the franchise is all about. Both characters are extremely important and played by 4 incredible actors. It is with this film where we really get to dive into the origins of these characters and how they met. Fassbender and McAvoy were both great in this film. I think this is the best directed film and has some fantastic action sequences. It is what saved the franchise and I think it is the best stand alone X-Men movie. And that Wolverine cameo. Best. Cameo. Ever.